On the day of your skydive:
Call us at 1-888-654-7529 before you leave, to check if conditions are good enough for a tandem skydive. Arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled class time and use the restrooms in the terminal when you arrive. BE PREPARED TO SPEND AT LEAST FOUR HOURS WITH US!! If you were the only one in a class, it could be as little as two hours. If weather does not cooperate IT COULD BE MORE than four hours.
Wear SNEAKERS and dress comfortably. Bring comfortable pants to wear for the skydive, you don’t have to wear them all day. In cooler months add a sweatshirt, thermal underwear and either a turtleneck or neck gator.
Glasses -You may wear your glasses or contacts, if you need them for your vision. If you have a choice, wear your contacts. If you only wear glasses, we have goggles to go over your eye glasses.
Bring – Your driver’s license. Come prepared for a picnic atmosphere: Spectators, lawn chairs, hackysacks, frisbees and cameras are all welcome on the ground.
No No’s – NO boots, NO sleeveless shirts, NO jewelry that you mind losing, NO unsupervised children or pets, NO alcoholic beverages prior to jumping.
Motion Sickness is not common but does occasionally happen. Take these simple steps to prevent it:
- Stay hydrated and fed. Not eating or over eating is more likely to cause a feeling of nausea.
- Chew anti-nausea ginger gum (available on site for purchase)
- Take these measures beforehand to make sure you have maximum enjoyment.
During the skydive,
- Ask to go first, so you are facing forward in the plane.
- Let the instructor know before you board the aircraft, if you don’t like spins or are prone to motion sickness.
- On the skydive, take an active role in steering the canopy under your instructor’s guidance while up high, so you know when the turns are coming.
These few simple steps can keep you feeling good for the entire experience.